Steamer And Rice Cooker
The steamer and rice cooker can find it’s place in various styles of living environments. With it’s insulated case, thermostat and heating element, the automatic steamer and rice cooker has a range of functionality with cooking settings that allow you to cook or steam rice, slow cook vegetables and prepare rice puddings or porridge.
The steamer and rice cooker today has so much more to offer than the conventional ones you may have been using for the past decade or so. No longer is there a need to remember to switch off the appliance at the right time to avoid burning the rice onto the bottom. It will now guide you to the correct amount of rice and water to use and they will mainly range from a 1, 2 or 3 cup rice cooker up to a 20 cup rice cooker, although some can be larger.
With their inbuilt thermostats the steamer and rice cooker will also stop cooking at the correct time and continue to simply keep the rice warm until you are ready to serve. An electric steamer and rice cooker will also often have a removable pot which makes serving the food and cleaning the appliance really simple and straightforward.
Rice, in many cultures, has long been considered as a substantial food source, offering a good supply of vitamin B1 as well as fast and instant natural energy. It is now globally accepted that steamed rice, even during pregnancy, forms part of a well balanced and nutritional healthy diet.
If, however, you are price driven when purchasing a steamer and rice cooker, then be sure that you know all the functionalities you require as there are now a wide range to choose from with many famous name brands like Panasonic, Zojirushi, Fuzzy Logic, Black & Decker, Presto, Breville, Hitachi, Toshiba, Cuisinart and many more starting with the very basic up to the more sophisticated. Whichever one you choose you can be certain of one thing, it will allow even the most amateur of cooks to prepare the most perfect rice, oatmeal or porridge every time.
Tiger Rice Cooker
This sleek milky white Tiger rice cooker can prepare up to 20 cups of cooked rice effortlessly with its soft-touch micro computer technology.
Tiger Rice Cooker Product Features
* 10 Cups Of Dry Rice Produces 20 Cups Of Cooked Rice
* 6 Cups Of Dry Brown Rice Yields 12 Cups Of Cooked Rice
* Automatic Microcomputer Controlled Cooking Logic Ensures Perfect Rice Every Time
- Advanced Pressure-Control Steam-Venting System Seals In Flavor
- Keep-Warm Function Keeps Rice Warm And Moist For Up To 12 Hours
- Menu Has 7 Unique Cooking Selections
- Steamer Tray Insert Allows You To Also Steam Your Food
- Soft-Touch LCD Displays, Preset Steam Timer And Cooking Completion Timer Signal
- Compact Body With Easy-Carry Tote Handle
- Steaming Timer Has 8 Settings From 5 to 60 Minutes
- Steamer Tray, Rice Paddle, Measuring Cup And Instructions Included
- Power: 918 Watts / 120 Volts
- Color: Milky White
- Dimensions: 14.3″ L x 9.6″ W x 10.8″ H
- More Info On Tiger Rice Cooker…
The Tiger Rice Cooker
The Tiger rice cooker is a great option if you want to take advantage of eating simply-prepared, delicious and nutritious meals in no time at all. The ever popular Tiger rice cooker is fast becoming an ideal choice with it’s sleek design and space-saving retractable electric cord. With up to 8 settings ranging from 5 to 60 minutes, it is accustomed to catering for a wide range of cooking genres.
With it’s simple, user-friendly digital interface, it can be operated with minimal effort and limited cooking ability. With it’s microcomputer controlled cooking, your rice is guaranteed to turn out light, fluffy and full of flavor everytime without the fear of it becoming stuck or burnt onto the bottom of the pot. You can cook a variety of rices such as white, brown, sushi, steamed and mixed rice.
A measuring cup is available to aid you in serving up just the right size portions of the number of people you are preparing a meal for, along with a steamer tray insert, rice paddle, measuring cup and instructions. Apart from just cooking rice, you can also steam vegetables, chicken and fish, as well as preparing soups and broths. The steaming process will always ensure that the food never comes out dry.
The cleaning process of the Tiger rice cooker is also very simple and straight forward as the inner pot is removeable and just simply rinses free of left over food deposits.
This cool-touch Aroma steamer and rice cooker makes perfect rice, soups, stews and even steams meat and vegetables simultaneously.
It flawlessly prepares up to 20 cups of any type of rice and automatically keeps it at serving temperature until you’re ready to eat.
Features a water reservoir that channels away excess condensation for rice that’s light and fluffy every time. The removable inner cooking pot is nonstick for easy serving and cleanup. Its beautiful stainless steel exterior looks great on any countertop. Includes measuring cup, steam tray and serving spatula.
Aroma Steamer Features:
* Perfectly prepares 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice (2 to 10 cups uncooked)
* Steams vegetables and meat even while simultaneously cooking rice
- Simple, one-touch operation switches to keep-warm mode automatically when finished
- Makes delicious soups and stews
- Nonstick inner cooking pot removes for easy cleanup
- More Info On This Aroma Steamer…
This NutriWare Stainless Steel 16 Cup Rice Cooker perfectly prepares rice and whole grains. The stainless steel steam tray inserts over the inner cooking pot, so meat and vegetables can steam while rice or grains simultaneously cook below for a nutritious, easy-to-make meal.
This versatile 16 cup rice cooker is also able to prepare delicious soups, beans and stews as well. All food contact surfaces are made completely of polished 304-grade surgical stainless steel. The stainless steel inner cooking pot removes for quick cleanup. Includes recipes from Cooking with Grains by Coleen and Bob Simmons.
16 Cup Rice Cooker Features:
- Perfectly prepares 4 to 16 cups of cooked rice or grains (2 to 8 cups uncooked)
- All cooking surfaces are made of non-reactive 304-grade surgical stainless steel
- Automatically switches to keep-warm function once rice or grains are finished cooking, assuring the perfect results every time
- The surgical stainless steel steam tray steams proteins and/or vegetables, even while rice is cooking for an entire, nourishing meal in just one appliance
- Includes recipes from Cooking with Grains by Coleen and Bob Simmons
- More info on 16 cup rice cooker…
Zojirushi Rice Cooker 10 Cup (NS-RNC18) Automatic in White Ballerina. Decorated with delicately drawn and colored flowers, this 700-watt appliance cooks up to 10 cups of rice and then automatically keeps the rice at the proper temperature for up to 12 hours. A locking lid ensures rice stays fresh and moist.
Lights indicate whether the unit is in “cook” or “warm” mode, and turning on the cooker requires nothing more than pushing a lever. A nonstick coating on the cooking pan prevents rice from sticking, and the pan can be lifted out of the unit for cleanup.
To eliminate clutter on the counter or in storage the power cord retracts under the unit. The cooker measures 12-1/8 inches in diameter and 12-7/8 inches high, and comes with a spatula, spatula holder, and measuring cup.
Zojirushi Rice Cooker 10 Cup Features:
- Zojirushi Rice Maker cooks up to 10 cups of rice and then automatically keeps it warm
- Locking lid keeps rice fresh and moist for 12 hours
- Removable nonstick cooking pan prevents rice from sticking, cleans easily
- Cord retracts under unit to eliminate clutter
- Includes spatula, spatula holder, measuring cup
- More Info On Zojirushi Rice Cooker 10 Cup…
Question by At a deadlock: What is a good rice cooker that can be used often (every day)?
My family has two of their meals, lunch and dinner, with rice. We don’t all eat in unision, so we need a rice cooker that will keep the rice fresh for as long as we keep the plug in. The latest one we bought keeps it warm up to 12 hours, like most rice cookers, and releases water when we turn it off. Is there a rice cooker that won’t do that?
Answer by phishfour
Zojirushi rice cookers are known as one of the best, if not the best, brands out there. They are expensive, but worth it. I am not sure what you mean about releasing water so I can’t answer that part of your question, but you could use their rice cookers multiple times a day every day for 20 years and not have an issue. Your last pot of rice would be exactly like your first. They are amazingly consistent.
I have one of their fuzzy logic kinds. I love it because I can set it up before I leave for work and instead of setting a time for it to turn on you set the time you want it to finish cooking. I can tell it I want my rice ready at 6:30 and then at 6:30 the thing sings its little finish song and I am ready to eat.
The versatile Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer 10-Cup (NS-TGC18) cooks perfect rice and even bakes cakes.
Features advanced fuzzy logic technology and new multi-menu cooking functions, which include white/sushi rice, mixed rice, porridge, sweet rice, brown rice, cake and quick cooking.
New easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior. A black, think inner cooking pan with detachable and washable inner lid. Easy to read LCD control panel with interchangeable melody and beep signal.
Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker Features:
• Zojirushi 10-cup Japanese rice cooker and warmer with advanced fuzzy logic technology
- Multi-menu cooking functions; LCD control panel; keep warm; timer
- Black, thick, inner cooking pan and heating system provide even heating
- Spatula, spatula holder, and rice-measuring cup included
- Measures 15 by 11 by 10 inches
- More Info On Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker…
How to Clean a Rice Cooker
There can be quite a few components when it comes to your style of rice cooker. Some are very simple and only have a bowl and a lid, while others have a few more fiddly bits involved. The following is the best way to go about cleaning your rice cooker without doing any damage and possibly voiding your warranty.
• Firstly always disconnect your cooker from the electricity supply. It is wise to wait until it cools down before cleaning. You will need to empty all contents from the inner bowl.
• Next, soak the bowl in hot soapy water. Rinse the bowl and either leave to drain or dry it with a cloth. Make sure you soak all utensils used, like the measuring cup and the spatula with hot soapy water, as if they are left to dry it will make cleaning difficult.
• The lid often becomes very messy from the starch in the rice and needs to be soaked also. It is not always easy to remove all residue from the lid, so soaking it for 5 to 10 minutes will ensure it is removed adequately.
• Leave the main bowl and all other equipment to dry before storing it away.
• The exterior of the rice cooker should be wiped over with a damp sponge or cloth to remove stains or dribbles during the cooking process.
• Never use anything harsh or abrasive whilst cleaning your rice cooker. You could possibly end up scratching the Teflon coating, or stainless steel bowl. This will no doubt result in rice becoming stuck to the bowl in future when you use your cooker.
Mostly care of your rice cooker is not difficult and just takes thought. Never immerse the main body of your cooker into water, especially if it is still connected to the power supply. This only needs a gentle wipe down to remove any residue from cooking.
If you take the time to care for your rice cooker, it will give you many years of use without any problems of rice or other foods sticking to the bowl. Always clean your rice cooker immediately after it has cooled down as leaving it will make cleaning much more difficult.
Dried rice is no fun to try and scrape off, and this is often when damage is done. Happy cooking!
Read a review of the why the Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker is so highly recommended.
This restaurant-quality Zojirushi 5 cup rice cooker in white features a lock-tight lid and moisture preserving steam cap to keep rice fresh and moist for hours.
Easy to use with one control and an automatic warming system. Non-stick interior and side condensation tray make clean up quick and simple. Stay cool exterior.
This 420-watt electric NSPC10 model produces 1 to 5 cups of cooked rice. About 30 minutes is required to cook 5 cups, with 15 minutes of warming recommended for maximum fluffiness.
This Zojirushi 5 Cup Rice Cooker operates simply. There’s a single control with these electric rice cookers to begin the cooking process, and lights signal when cooking ends and warming begins.
Inside the white-plastic, cool-touch exterior, a nonstick pan readily releases cooked rice and then cleans up easily. Accompanying the cooker are a rice spatula, a spatula holder that hooks onto the cooker’s side, and a plastic measuring cup.
The cooker measures 9-1/2 inches wide, 8-3/4 inches high, and 12-1/2 inches deep, weighs 5-3/4 pounds, and can be lifted by handles recessed into the sides.
• Cooks 1 to 5 cups rice and keeps it warm, fresh, moist for hours
• Nonstick pan readily releases rice and cleans easily
• Single control for easy operation; cool-touch exterior
• Rice spatula, removable spatula holder, measuring cup included
• 420 watts; 9-1/2 inches wide, 8-3/4 inches high, 12-1/2 inches deep
• More info on Zojirushi 5 Cup Rice Cooker…
Return from Zojirushi 5 Cup Rice Cooker to Rice Cookers And Steamers
Question by Aisha C: I really love makizushi and inarizushi. Is it worth investing in a proper rice cooker?
Well, I do love inarizushi the most – but when I try and make it, my sushi rice always goes all gluggy and horrible. I was at the Japan Centre food shop, stocking up on udon noodles and some more shoyu, when I saw some proper rice cookers.
They’re expensive, but if I had one, I’d be able to make lots more of my favourite snack without worrying about messing up the rice, right? So, do you think they’re worth the money?
Answer by Larry C
My roomate Veara from Cambodia has a rice cooker and its the greatest. Every college student should have a Forman grill and a rice cooker, hands down. We have had ours for 2 years now and we use it almost daily. It still works and makes tasty sticky rice with minimal effort.
1 put the rice in, 2 put in some water, 3 hit a button and come back when it smells good 8 ). YUMMY.
This Oyama rice cooker 7 cup has a stainless steel body, cooking bowl and steamer tray. No non-stick coatings are used.
This cooker is tailored for persons looking to cook meals without chemicals from teflon or other non-stick materials.
It also uses 3 dimensional heating (base side and lid) for keeping rice evenly warmed, without burning, exceeding the normal 12 hour limit.
The stainless steel steamer tray can steam vegetables, meats, poultry and cook many types of rice including, short grain, long grain, and brown rice.
Oyama Rice Cooker Features:
• Manufactured to the Highest Quality Available
• Design is stylish and innovative. Satisfaction Ensured
• Great Gift Idea
• Dimensions: 11″L x 10.5″H x 10.5″W
• Includes stainless steel inner lid
• The Oyama rice cooker is made in Mainland China. There is no recipe book included with this cooker though there are many recipes available on-line for these types of rice cooker
• More Info On Oyama Rice Cooker…
Question by somber_pieces: Which brand is the Best Rice Cooker?
There are a few poorly designed rice cookers available, though I think Panasonic had the best, except I can’t find any Panasonic Rice Cookers, I’ve looked everywhere. did they go out of business? What is the second best rice cooker available?
Answer by couchP56
Rival has a good rice cooker.
Professional Aroma rice steamer and cooker prepares 4 – 20 cups of rice.
• 4-20 cups or 3 Quart
• Brown rice perfected
• Enhanced steaming
• Advance slow cooking
• Recipe book included
• More Info On This Aroma Rice Steamer…
Question by Epidemic of Insanity: why use a rice cooker instead of just using a regular old pot?
Growing up in an Asian family that had rice every night and just cooked it in a pot, rice cookers have always puzzled me. I have some white friends that treasure their rice cookers and treat it like a magical device, because they think they couldn’t eat rice without a cooker.
Are there any particular benefits to using a rice cooker? ._.
Answer by dreamgirl
It tastes better,to me,its sticky from the cooker..plus easier just add rice,water and do other things..
The advanced Zojirushi’ induction rice cooker system uses precise heat control and pressurized cooking to create perfect rice.
Induction Heating (IH) directs the heat right into the inner cooking pan, which is vacuum insulated to maintain temperature.
Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker Features:
• 1350-watt 10-cup , with induction heating rice cooker technology
• LCD control panel; clock and timer; keep-warm mode; end-of-cycle signal
• Vacuum-insulated inner cooking pan for efficient heating; detachable and washable inner lid
• Pressure rice cooker with control valve; spatula, spatula holder, and 2 measuring cups included
- Measures 15-9/16 by 10-7/8 by 9-1/4 inches;
- 1-year limited warranty
- More Info On This Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker…
Question by dukefan86: What is the best rice cooker? I would like to be able to cook brown rice as well as white ?
Can you cook/steam other things in rice cookers as well? I’ve recently become a vegetarian for health reasons.
Answer by Raven E
uhhh, I just use a pot with a lid…. Works well for both brown and white rice.
Rice Cooker – Get The Right One!
A rice cooker is your best friend when you want to cook rice trouble free. It is also a great time saver! Before you shop for one you need the basic idea about what the general attributes of the typical products are. This article sheds some light on that.
First of all, a modern rice cooker is not necessarily a programmable one. But fortunately, most of the rice cookers in modern times come with multifunctional capabilities. They are reasonably priced too. So you can expect a heavy bang for the bucks you invest.
A standard cooker should be able to multiple different types of rice. Same goes for soup cuisine and porridge.
It can also come with special steaming basket that can handle vegetables. Buy a product that cooks brown rice well. And make sure that it doesn’t involve in kind of messy boilovers. And make sure that your cooker comes with a decent keep-warm function.
Alternatively, you can also go for a compact version. True, many of those compact models can’t compete with high-end models with advanced functionality. But a quality compact rice cooker comes with sheer advantages as the same time.
The first benefit is the budget price. And they generally cook your white rice rapidly. When you buy a compact cooker, make sure it comes with a small size countertop footprint.
The limitation with compact cookers is that, they are good with only white rice usually. For getting versatile cooking ability, you can get a cooker that can easily handle specialty rice kinds such as brown rice, sushi rice and/or sticky rice.
Today, you can find smaller 3-cup rice cookers that make absolutely great choice especially for singles and/or couples. If you like a compact version from a manufacture, you should also be able to get a larger one (say, with 10-cup capacity).
At the other end of the spectrum, there are those programmable rice cookers working on fuzzy logic! These products typical work on induction heating, such as the Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker, whereas an average cooker has to work on standard heating plate.
But users are almost undivided on the notion that induction heating is the best as far as the question of temperature accuracy is concerned (this is an important precondition if you want your rice to be more evenly cooked).
So, try to shop for a cooker that yields ideal results each and every time!